Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2014
Phil Platts
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

Hi,My name is Phil and this is my first post but after reading all the threads,felt i ought to share my experience with the all too common it seems,Renault Clio cutting out when it feels like it.First of all it is a 2005 1.2 16v dynamique.I bought the car for my girlfriend in october 13,it was ok for a couple of weeks before developing a misfire and engine management light coming on.I changed the plugs and ignition pack which sorted the problem for about 3 weeks when it started happening again but this time cutting out randomly and narrowly escaping collisions.I then took it to a local garage and was put on diagnostics but nothing found.He cleaned the throttle body and cleaned the crank sensor but the problem returned a week later.I took it back and he gave me the number of an auto electrician.he tookit for the day and found two things wrong.1,some of the wiring that comes from the ECU which is very thin and has a plastic casing to protect it,gathers water over time and corrodes the wiring causing a short circuit.2.he found a fault with the crank sensor and replaced cost 110.It has been over a week now and so far so good.He also told me that this is a very common problem not just with clios but all Renaults and they keep him in last point after reading all the posts is that my brother who is a trained mechanic,warned me about Renaults,wish i had listened,i wont be buying one again,hope this helps anyone out there having the same problem.
Currently in Phil Platts's garage:
2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil Platts For This Useful Post:
kenclio (14th February 2015), lancs dave (9th June 2014), Phil48 (10th June 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome