Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Am i getting done?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Am i getting done?

Ok, so my Renault Megane 1.9 dci (2005 model, 31,000 miles mainly motorway) has been playing up recently. Been getting the handbrake light and a 'STOP' light appearing on my dashboard at what seems to be random intervals (Usually with a person in the rear). I took it to Renault and they told me to check my brake fluid level. I did and it seemed fine, i took it back and one of their mechanics said the fluid was low. Upon inspection of the underside of the car the mechanic decided i needed new front discs, new front and rear pads, new tyres (Tires), new wiper blades and new stearing arms. The cost including fitting?

Once i'd finished picking myself up off the floor I told them to forget the tyres and wipers as i'd get them done elsewhere (33 for wiper blades, they are 8 each in halfords! As for the tyres, 150 for some 'budget' ones which i'm told from various sources are pretty decent)

So it all came down to roughly 600. I questioned the fact the steering arms needed replacing and weren't on the warranty, after the receptionist had gone out the back and come through again (Why i couldn't just speak to the mechanic i don't know) she told me they were not under warranty and they have just gone under wear and tear (Maybe i should steer less )

I told them to hold fire, put my wheels back on my car as i'm going elsewhere. I went to a local garage but they could only fit me in on monday.

My question is though, is this a realistic amount to be paying for new front discs, pads and steering arms? Also, is it really the sort of thing that needs replacing on a car thats 2 years old and only done 31,000 miles mainly on motorways?
Currently in Pringle's garage:
2005 Megane II 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by Pringle
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Am i getting done? Cars & motoring Pringle 9 1718 14th April 2007 01:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome