Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Keycard

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
re keycard

hi regarding your problem about the price of the keycard.
I purchased the card from mack garages in pontypridd, whilst there the computer programmer arrived with his computer do to programme my key, I happened to get his card of him, this guy does all the programming for the local dealers and will come out to your house if you want him to and do what ever you want including yor keycard, this is his number and name tony lloyd on 07971 038783 just mention that he give me a number of his cards and I mentioned that I would pass them around
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post a little rant to let you all know how shocked I am at Renault dealers prices.

I just phoned my local Renault stealership in Cardiff for a price on a new keycard for my Lag II. I've read threads on this site saying total cost at most dealers was around the 130 -140 mark, a bit steap but could live with that. I did also read one thread where someone managed to get one for a little over 100.
Well I was shocked when they told me a price. They wanted 82 to programme a new key and then 75 for the key itself, plus VAT which would make it close to 185 all in. I then tried another dealer close by in Tonypandy which came back at 175 all in, a bit cheaper but still way way too much.
If anyone can supply me with a phone number of a dealer where I might be able to get a card cheaper I would be very greatful. I don't mind if it's miles away as I would much prefer to spend the additional cash on petrol getting there than in the dealers Profit & Loss account!!!!

On the up side though my car is due for a cambelt change, managed to get that for 24.70 bargin!!!!!
Currently in malcolmdarch's garage:
2002 laguna 1.9 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome