Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 1 Rear indicator fault

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
The main front to rear lighting loom runs along the left hand side of the car. There's a multi-plug behind the side trim in the passenger footwell, and possibly another one behind the passenger side boot lining. It might be worth checking these areas for signs of corrosion or loose connections.

Though if it happened when you changed another bulb, my money's on damage to the plug or the bulb holder. Is it possible to swap over the left and right bulb holders to test?

Also... possibly stating the obvious here... but have you checked that the new bulbs work in another position? It's unlikely but possible that the replacement bulbs you're using are faulty.
Hi Horatio

Thanks for the info on the front multiplug, I have a sneaking suspicion thats where the trouble lies, the rear multi plug is clean and secure.

I did have the same thoughts about the bulbs and bulb holders so did try them in other locations yesterday and all was well. I ran a tester over the terminals at the plug leading into the bulb holder and got no reading on the indicator terminal ...

I'm down to locating a dodgy connection now, I think. I will definately locate that front multi plug and look there

Wish me luck
Currently in vlad_the_emailer's garage:
Renault Laguna 1.9 DTi RT Sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome