Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Scenic (97) - Passenger window and both sunroofs (electric) failing...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Scenic (97) - Passenger window and both sunroofs (electric) failing...

This happened a couple of months ago, then all of a sudden, they started working again, so we thought no more of it.

Not long after, they went again, and now they wont work at all.

Passenger window
Both sunroofs

Fail to operate.

I've checked all fuses in the dash fusebox, and all are intact. (From what I gather, these three things dont share a fuse)

I believe, from what I can gather in the Haynes manual, that they DO share a relay (the correct diagram is missing from the haynes manual).

Is it likely to be the relay?

If I put my head down to near the relay box and operate the switch to control the passenger window, I can't hear it clicking/energising (Like it should). So it's either a relay problem, or a loose connection somewhere before the relay?

Where can I buy this relay from?
I went to an Auto-Electrician and stated the problem, and that I think it's a common relay controlling all three things (2 sunroofs and a window), but he flat out refused, stating he doesnt touch sunroofs, but he'll look at the window...I thought "There's no point even trying to explain to him", so I walked away.

Any ideas would be appreciated. What with the warmer weather coming up, it's sweltering in that car.

Currently in mbooth's garage:
Megane Scenic 1.9td
  5 Lastest Threads by mbooth
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Scenic (97) - Intermittent delay when... Electronics mbooth 13 2190 15th April 2007 11:45 AM
Megane Scenic (97) - Passenger window and both... Electronics mbooth 8 2277 15th April 2007 11:40 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome