Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #78 of (permalink) Old 12th June 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Loose Wiring Loom Cover Cutting Into ECU Loom*FIXED*

hi all just wanted to share my 10 second fix on a clio 53 plate .i found it advertised as spares or repairs and was told i would need a tow home as it wouldnt rev over 1000 rpm.there were lots of lights on the dash and they had spent over 600 trying to fix the fault. their garage had replaced the full exhaust, accelerator peddle,fitted a second hand throttle body and crank sensor etc and still could not cure the problem.the metal cover was missing from the ecu at the rear of the i paid him 200 for the car and i dont know why but some little voice in my head said try unplugging the left hand plug of the ecu (drivers side) pull off the rubber casing back about 4 inches and rotate the plug 360 degrees and plug it back in ....... well vroom vroom i drove it home 60/70 mph no problems at all just had to clear an airbag light with my 10 meter.
so i dont know if it was broken wires or bad connections on the plug or pins but 3 weeks on and its still fine. i have since tried it on another clio that i was going to buy an ecu kit for and again it cured the faults. so to recap unplug..twist one full turn...plug back in and its nice and tight..hope this works for others having electrical nightmares.
ps on the second car it didnt work so i unplugged it and rotated it back a full turn and then a second turn and plugged back in and it worked so the direction of the twist must have an effect.
good luck and thanks for a great forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevechippy For This Useful Post:
hondo (12th June 2014), kenclio (27th February 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome