Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Buying Mk3 Grand Scenic...advice please.

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12th June 2014
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Buying Mk3 Grand Scenic...advice please.

1.9 dci is (i think) no longer being produced,theyre using a newer 1.6 variation instead.
Im thinking in terms of,who wants the last edition of the old engine.similar situation applies to megane.
Now in diesel, its 1.5,1.6 or 2.0

The belt thing .. advice here and in general is dont go beyond 70k ,unless its still under guarantee.
Guarantee.. they can absorb the loss np,when it comes down to you and youre out of guarantee,do you want to push the manufacturer massaged profit/loss intervals?.

the 1.9 meg when it was available had(i think ,again) a paddle shift auto sounds nice.
Then more recently an edc auto (no paddles) on 1.5 dci.
I saw a 2.0 dci meg 3 with supposedly the paddle shift about 18 months ago on autotrader, looked v nice and only 10k.

Im just saying ,me personally,if I was going for a used car now,I wouldnt go for a last of the 1.9's.Ive seen one on the irish version of autotrader.yes a meg,but from reading and looking,1.9's are on a used car downer in terms of value even compared to 1.5 which is still going.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome