Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - A couple of q's on front discs and pads.Meg 3

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2014 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
A couple of q's on front discs and pads.Meg 3

Since my front pads n maybe discs may need renewal soon.

A:Forgetting about rs versions, the only difference in size front or back is the base versions are 280mm front and the more powerfull versions are 296mm diameter front.
Could the discs and pads for 296 mm fit on a 280mm setup, or is it definitely different calipers(and or mounting points)?.

There seems to be some clearance on my calipers.. but not sure.

B.Opinions:Since Ive extended my renault guarantee.. and I already know they wont cover suspension components cos of non standard wheel size and lowered springs.
If a pad and disc change is determined to be due at next service..they(renault dealer) would of course supply and fit arm and a leg genuine renault parts..with I suppose a 1 year guarantee on the discs?
What if I got it done with "generic" discs and pads at my local mechanic would that..(opinions),have any effect on guarantee for non brake /suspension related components?

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
  5 Lastest Threads by coup
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheese factory explosion in France Jokes & funny stuff coup 0 187 6th July 2016 07:48 AM
Meg 3 fuel flap Electronics A55ii 4 210 1st July 2016 09:11 AM
conflict resolution, zohan method YouTube coup 0 251 8th March 2016 08:26 PM
Our Babs..sorry I missed a couple of o's Jokes & funny stuff Dancingdad 4 310 2nd March 2016 10:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome