Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbie here! Help with RCI Finance please?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th June 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Newbie here! Help with RCI Finance please?

Hi all,

Sorry if I am not posting in the right place but need some help!

January 2012 I took out an agreement with RCI finance for my Clio on the 4+ scheme. I have a 5k per annum limit and has always been fine as I work near where I live so never thought milage would be an issue (in a year and a half I've done 6k).

However, I found out Friday my job role is changing and I will be working further afield, and will have to do a lot of driving, so naturally am worried about how much I will have to fork out for going over my milage agreement, from the sounds I could be doing 20k per annum due to where I'm relocated.

I know that in Jan 2015 I can hand the car back and walk away, but are there any alternatives if I was to contact Renault now? e.g. Take out another car with them, hand it back now and risk a penalty, or take a chance by going over my milage and paying the price? Or maybe would they even take pity as this was something I did not forsee when taking the agreement out?

Any advice welcome! Thanks!
Currently in kingy85's garage:
62 plate Clio Dynamique 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by kingy85
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Newbie here! Help with RCI Finance please? Cars & motoring Renoir White 5 851 15th June 2014 11:53 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome