Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ipod to TunerList connector

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
It pretty much looks like the picture on the link in my previous post. There is a silver box of tricks which I suspect is generic for whatever make or model of car you have.

On this box of tricks you have a connector into which you plug a short cable (supplied) with the Renault specific connector on the other end. From the look of the instructions, you plug this Renault specific connector into the back of the stereo in the dash where the multichanger would normally be plugged.

There are also 2 phono style connectors on the silver box of tricks into which you plug another cable which is also supplied. On the other end of the cable there is a standard 3.5mm stereo jack plug to stick into whatever flavour of MP3 player you have (mine is a Sansa e280). You therefore have to feed this cable out from behind the dashboard.

If you have an iPod, I recall seeing somewhere a different box of tricks which gives you some control over the iPod from the steering wheel controls. But as I do not have an iPod I wasn't too interested in it, and so I can't remember whether it worked on a Renault.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome