Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I - Info On Heater Fan Resistor Replacement

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic I - Info On Heater Fan Resistor Replacement

This is just bringing together info from other postings. I kept needing to find reassurance that I was doing it right and that it would unclip and not break.

The heater on my 2003 old-style Scenic would only run on the fastest speed. To remove the resistor pack I had to:

- Remove speaker covers on fascia to get access to 2 fixing screws

- Lever off the top of the fascia. (It clips into the vertical part of the fascia.)

- Remove the air pipe going to the passenger air vent from the centre of the car. This took lots of brute force to unclip it.

- Unscrew the resistor pack and unclip the 3 wiring connectors. Remove it from the car

Then cut off the thermal fuse and replace it with a new one from Maplins - fasten it on using screw-on connectors (with the plastic removed).

Replacing the air pipe was fiddly and it didn't really click back very well, but it works OK

Total cost - 71 pence for the thermal fuse (I used a 192 degrees one because there wasn't an exact match) plus a few layers of skin from my knuckles. And if there's a next time it will be much quicker.
Currently in AlanJD's garage:
2015 Scenic 1.5dCi and 2003 Scenic 1.4
  5 Lastest Threads by AlanJD
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cold start problem 1.4 petrol 16v Engines bugsb 5 462 17th November 2015 01:01 PM
Cancelling traffic info - Scenic 3 Electronics Scenic 11 1 252 24th July 2015 02:07 PM
Disconnecting door lock from handle Bodywork AlanJD 0 484 4th February 2014 12:44 PM
Broken MAP sensor - fixed Engines AlanJD 0 839 13th February 2013 02:20 PM
Unbolting downpipe from exhaust manifold Exhausts Lagdti 4 2300 4th February 2013 11:39 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome