Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Hi there Badgio, and welcome.
Originally Posted by Badgio View Post
1. Cruise Control – When the cruise control is switched on, I am unable to register and set a speed. I ‘read’ that you need to be doing more than 30kmph, are there any other restrictions to do with the gears i.e. only works in 5th or 6th? I have yet to take it on a motorway, so an unable to get out of 4th! The steering wheel controls work perfectly well when the Speed Limiter is selected instead of the Cruise Control. my car's an automatic - can't answer that one - sorry.

2. I noticed 2 red lights in the front courtesy light cluster. Any idea what these are for? they provide 'soft' lighting whilst driving at night and partially illuminate the cabin.

3. Is there a factory fitted alarm system as standard? yes

4. Has anyone had a warning message that the ‘Automatic parking brake is faulty’? This is on continuously, but to my knowledge all is working fine. i.e. the parking brake comes on when the engine is turned off. no, does the handbrake release by itself when moving off?

Any answers would be gratefully appreciated.
Hope I've been able to help a bit.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome