Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio Problems, help please!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio Problems, help please!

I have an R Renault Clio 1.2 Panache and it is causing me problems. Over the last year it has had this annoying intermittent fault which causes the engine to simply cut out at junctions, which has led to a couple of embarrasing situations with me pushing it off the road. I thought this could be due to a dead battery as it has been off the road a couple of times for a couple of months so i recently bought a new battery and it was running great for about a month and then the problem started again. This problem has occurred when i have first tried to start the car on a morning with the car simply turning over but not starting, its happened at junctions as i said before when i come to a halt and it just stops running, and has also once while i was driving and slowing down coming up to a junction. After a while (usually approx 5 -10 mins) the car will reluctantly start again.

I have also noticed that the car has struggled during driving after a gear change a couple of times, this is only recently though, and feels like it is struggling for power but then it picks up and works normally, its really worrying though and im nervous to drive it at the mo.

Anyway, as i have moved from the north to bournemouth recently i do not know anyone that can offer me any advice and i am really wary of taking it in to a garage and paying through the nose for nothing to actually be fixed, plus i have my parents coming for a visit for the first time this weekend and really could do with the car being reliable for then so any advice you could offer me would be very much appreciated.

If you want to know anything else about the problem then please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Currently in davehtaylor's garage:
Renault Clio Panache 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by davehtaylor
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio Problems, help please! Clio chris m 2 1772 17th April 2007 10:50 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome