Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Master 3.0 160 loss of power after driving through water *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th June 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Master 3.0 160 loss of power after driving through water *FIXED*

Hello all, new to the forums as a member but have been reading them since i bought "the tank" earlier in the year. I have a Master on a Mascott chassis with the 3.0 litre 160 bhp Nissan engine. I was driving on the motorway in very heavy rain last week. The van in front went through a huge puddle throwing it up on me, then i hit the puddle moments later. It slowed me down quite a bit and i noticed when i put my foot down to accelerate it hesitated for a second or two before pulling as normal. Was close to home and when i left the motorway it was very sluggish to pull away until it hit 3000 rpm.

I was hoping it might just be something water related that would dry out overnight however in the morning when i turned the ignition on it wouldn't rev up. Foot flat on the floor and nothing happened for about 10 seconds before it revved as normal. The lack of power was still present below 3000 and hit and miss above that.

Over the past few days its stayed the same apart from one day it bizarrely seemed to have more power and today its very poor. Only 35 mph foot on the floor going up a nearby hill.

Has anybody else experienced similar or have an idea what it may be?

It has done 1080000 and the serv light is on permanently (it has been since i got it) and the coil light stays on when starting from cold until the engine is turned off then back on again.

Thanks in advance for any advice
Currently in markleics's garage:
Renault Master 3.0 160
  5 Lastest Threads by markleics
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Master 3.0 160 loss of power after... Other models johnboyw 4 3306 18th June 2014 05:13 PM
Hi Welcome to RenaultForums stuart j 2 576 18th June 2014 04:56 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome