Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio I - Phase 1 - Electronics - Help with my horn + MOT Checklist

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Nice topic here... lots of useful info but nothing tht helps me ...

Just bought the car second hold old banger ( clio Phase 1 K reg) went to test the horn and nothing, found the horn to only see one wire connected to it and anouther wire hanging down next to it... Couldnt see where it went tho? So i just put this hanging wire onto the fixing bolt as from past experiances with horns the have a power lead and a earth lead... STILL NOTHING!!

I have had my horn out of my car to test it... i put +12V DC to the connector and -12V to the casing of the horn (is this right?)

When i did tht it made a noise but stopped... My assumption was tht these horns ran off of 12V AC? becasue if i tapped it very quickly u could kinda start to simulate the sound of the horn. Is this right?

So i assumed the horn itself was working OK and started to see if i actually got 12V at the two wires on the car... to my supeise i got about 0.25v when the botton was pressed :O

Any ideas...?

EDIT: Have checked fuses in the lil grill bit and all is ok... Any other places where fuses live tht might be a problem??

Last edited by Methicone; 17th April 2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Left out some info
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome