View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd June 2014
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: New Clio 2014

lets see.
1. you have to get your car in every year to keep the 3 year paintwork guarantee check.This can be done under a free car health check by renault,whether it needs a service or not.
2. as above.. my 2011 car comes with space for the dealer to stamp service done, but it seems like an afterthought, and like every car Ive had/or even my Dad had . you nearly have to hit em with a stick to remind them to stamp it!.. It must be something to do with making sure you come back to the same place for a service?
Any guarantee work Ive had done is unstamped and there are no receipts issued..seems weird,but dealer response is.. its between us and renault and its all internal paperwork.. "super secret".

3. My car came with an a4 guarantee sheet, which included all the major item service intervals..theres nothing about that in the handbook.

4.The renault service timer on the car if its worked off months instead of mileage and is supposedly set for a year ,if the mileage isnt reached, is actually 10 months.

Buy your car on the last day of the month..that month is included so down to 11 months ,the service due then goes off at the end of the 10th actual month.. or at least it did for me.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
The Following User Says Thank You to coup For This Useful Post:
bobh (23rd June 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome