Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Things to look out for when buying a Megane

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Things to look out for when buying a Megane

Originally Posted by Weeblueclio View Post
Hi All

I'm looking to replace my current Renault a 07 Clio with its bigger sister the Megane.

As I don't have a huge budget I'll be looking at a second hand model.

Obviously I know I need the radio code (my first Clio never had one), manuals, tools etc and I've heard there's an SD card for the carminat TomTom, is it easy to spot if it's missing?

By the way does anyone know if there's a space for a spare wheel on the Megane (I read it's no longer supplied)?

Is there any other bits and bobs I need to check for?

Many thanks in advance

my advice is steer clear of all renault/citreon/pugs
they are poorly constructed ,have heaps of plastic holding them together,rust badly within 10 years,some of the parts are as expensive as audi/vw/bmw/merc parts ,wouldnt mind if the quality was there!! ,but it isnt,presently doing up a 2003 megane II bought from a friend for 200 ,new pads,discs all round ,new caliper (old one bleed valve wasnt there (broken),both handbrake cables corroded rear pads stuck on,servo failure,cable assembly in doors snapped,new control arms fitted ,brakes were fully stripped/cleaned ,also fitted the dreaded de phaser pulley,it just isnt worth it!!!!!!

get yourself a VW/BMW/ford they "WILL" last longer
Currently in Mancsfinest's garage:
2003 530D chipped /
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome