Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 23rd June 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 1 - Closing Cabrio Roof,Excellent Info

Originally Posted by foxbees View Post
hi all I have the same problem and it is driving me nuts trying to get it working again I can open and close the roof manually by pulling the release cord and turning the T key in the boot but I cant seem to get the roof working by pressing the button just getting beeping sound or sometimes when I have pressed the sensors the flap just goes up and down then stops what am I doing wrong is there a certain order I have to press these sensor thingys I have found 2 in the latch and one on the passenger side on roof mechanism is there any more of these hidden ?
has any one posted on you tube or any were a video of how to do this ?

please please help me my Renault megane is 1999 1.6 with only 50000 miles she is my baby and just need to get her better
I don't know if this helps but it has worked for me on three occasions.This needs two people.When you inadvertently cut the power to the pump in any way you loose hydraulic pressure, the boot lid drops down some way and disengages a switch thus confusing the mechanism. Get somebody to hold the boot lid up while you operate the switch (Engine running of course). It worked for me and I have since discovered it suggests the same answer in the handbook.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome