Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II -Engines- Emissions warning & rough running Coils ok

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio II -Engines- Emissions warning & rough running Coils ok

Hi There

This is my first post so please be kind! (and apologies if there are other threads exactly the same as this)

About 1 month ago my car started running really rough and the Toxic Fumes emissions light started flashing. This light isnt flashing all the time, it comes and goes as it pleases but my car IS running rough all the time.

I took my car to renault who put it on there diagnostics machine and told me that it was valve timings. As I was planning to trade my car in before this happened I took it to a local garage for a second opinion. I knew the mechanic at the garage and told him what renault had told me, he then tested the valve timings and he said they were spot on!

After reading no end of threads on forums i went back to the garage with a list of possibilities all of which so far have failed! Coils have been replaced, Fuel Injector is fine, New Spark Plugs even the tamper proof box at the back of the engine is ok (well, hasnt wore all the way through the insulation around the wires just yet)

The mechanic is sure its a problem on the number 2 cylinder because if he pulls the lead out of it there is not alot of change to the engine, but as soon as he pulls it off cylinder 1 the engine stops.

PLEASE HELP!! Its failing its MOT because of the emissions & its worrying me a bit because I havent found anyone who has come up with a cure for this yet!

Any help on this would be really appreciated

5 Lastest Threads by bigbadbaz
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio II -Engines- Emissions warning &... Clio bigbadbaz 13 5617 19th April 2007 10:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome