Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Great pics scen1c, I have 2003 Kangoo 1.6 Automatic Gearbox with the same warm starting probs and this is the nearest i've got to finding the location Top Dead Centre sensor but still can't see it, have removed the air filter box but loads of coolant pipes in the way still.
I should point out that I am disabled and my wife is searching for it, and has done everything but stand on her head and still cant see it. We did an oil change the other day as we are a bit strapped for cash, and oil was spilt down the exhaust manifold heat shield any way there was a lot of smoke for a few days until it burnt off. Since then we've had the warm starting problem so it points to the Top Dead Centre sensor having read some of the messages on here.
I have a Renault Clio Haynes manual as they don't do one for the Kangoo, am I right in saying that the engines are the same in both models.

Please Please!! I would really appreciate any advice as wife won't use the car now and we live out in the sticks.
Cheers and many thanks to whoever started this fantastic site.

PS Wife has jus moved all the pipes and prised the wiring loom over and it's not there, can't see it anywhere surely it must have one??
Currently in cango's garage:
Renault espace 3.0 dci privilege estate 2003

Last edited by cango; 21st April 2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: update message
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome