Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Indicators not working, already replaced Flasher unit..

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna Indicators not working, already replaced Flasher unit..

I have a 2000 Lagnua I 1.9 DTI and yesterday the indicators stopped working mid-drive.

The Hazards still work and all the bulbs (Main, side, full, indicator and break) all work as well.

Following advice, the Flasher Unit was declared most likely culprit, so I purchased one for 11.50 and then spent the next hour scratching my head looking around the fuse box for something similar. Eventually I found it (narrowed it down to two behind the fuse section by listening whilst the Hazards were on) and replaced the old unit. No change. The old unit rattled so may have caused the problem in the first place, but if so, it's damaged something else.

The only other thing I could think of was a problem with the Indicator Stalk, so after finding a very odd star-shaped attachment for my screw driver I removed the lower half of the steering column to gain access to the stalk.

As the lights and horn still worked and all the wires are securely connected I now believe there may be either a mechanical or micro-switch error in the 'black box' that houses the stalk. If so, it is beyond me.

Before I carefully drive down to a garage and throw myself and wallet upon their mercy, can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Kind Regards

Currently in castle4's garage:
1.9 DTI Alize
  5 Lastest Threads by castle4
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna Indicators not working, already replaced... Electronics castle4 8 6259 21st April 2007 04:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome