Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - espace 3.0dci

Thread: espace 3.0dci
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2007
John J
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
We have the Grand Espace also. My wife had reservations but the turning circle is very good.
  • Tyres - approx £150 ea (Conti)
  • Oil filter £50 (only seems to be avail from Renault)
  • 1st service was £230 (I supplied oil).
  • If it has heated seats, check they work properly. The dealership swapped our seat elements out as they only got mildly warm and one wasn't working. There was a new number element part (so Renault recognised the problem we assumed) which the dealership fitted & they're now much better and now get hot, not just warm.
  • Sunroof is excellent & its great to have the option of having the roof sceen back to let more light in during winter months & closed for summer motorway driving. Seal between glass roof & body tends to come detached. On our second in 3yrs
  • Battery failed at under 3yrs but excluded from 3yr warrenty! Apparently only covered for 1yr even though the car has supposedly got a 3yr warrenty
  • Kids love the rotating seats & having picnics in the car.

Insurance - circa £250 including European cover

We are extremely pleased & the kids love it. Auto box combined with ample power in reserve makes it a dream to drive. We wouldn't swap it & would buy another if (heaven forbid) it were written off in a crash or stolen.

We did consider the 2.2dCi but felt we tended to be changing gear all the time to get it moving and it seemed to work hard trying to stay at speed especially with inclines. The 3.0dCi hardly notices hills by comparison. Perhaps it was the car we drove or perhaps we're just lazy & like our comforts! Probably the latter.

Whether you go for the 2.2 or 3.0, either knocks spots off the competition. I guess the thing I wasn't keen on is that everything was an extra on the Espace which was included in the competition - however, we got an excellent deal for cash with no trade in and selected most of the optional extras. We plan to keep a very long time which I guess says a lot in itself.
Currently in John J's garage:
Family car - 2004 3.0dCi Grand Espace. Fun car - Calibra 4x4 Turbo

Last edited by John J; 21st April 2007 at 08:49 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome