Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #343 of (permalink) Old 1st July 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Have trawled through pages and pages of this thread (how is there no recall on this problem??) I bought a scenic (2004/5) in December and it had just had the blower/resistor replaced. It has gone again, malfunctioned on 3 then last weekend nothing. Have looked around to see if it can be fixed by me (clueless female but have replaced starter motors/alternators/ easy stuff in the past). Loathed to take it to garage having just shedded out 900 for new gearbox and clutch....

I came across this website...

Which gives various options (change fuse, change resistor, upgrade loom). I am tempted to go with the loom upgrade option in the hope it removes the fire hazard and chance of recurrence. Has anyone done this or is it just money spinning BS? What is the safest option bearing in mind the rear windows no longer work and I have young kids in the car most of the time?

I didn't read every single page of this thread (although read many) so forgive me if its been mentioned already.
Currently in rennies's garage:
renaul scenic 2005 dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome