Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - convert handbrake from electronic to manual

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd July 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
convert handbrake from electronic to manual

Hi everyone,
Search a lot about faults with my electronic handbrake on my grand scenic age 2004. Came across something on ebay that was advertising 500 quid to replace your existing electronic handbrake with a manual handbrake. This got me thinking. I can do this with a bit of time and a lot of research. Came to the conclusion a magane would have a good enough handbrake lever with the correct mounting holes to bolt straight onto the car. And loads of people saying cables would have to be off a long wheel base car. Well it is all WRONG. I have done this myself today. Went to a scrappy and, by luck, found a scenic 2003 with a manual handbrake. That's all you need. Take the lot off and fit directly on to your grand scenic. The calipers too. Cost me 20 quid a day of my time. I chose to but new handbrake cables with cost 22 quid each side. Quoted this reg and you guys can do the same. That way the shop will have all the correct part numbers. WR53 UED that is the reg number to use. Then you need to take it to renault for 50 quid so they can disable the electronic handbrake. You might think you can live with the warnings on the dashboard but trust me get it done as it won't pass the MOT next time.
Thanks and good luck.
  5 Lastest Threads by guesty2310
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
convert handbrake from electronic to manual Brakes/Hubs Jon67 6 2305 2nd July 2014 07:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome