Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 23rd April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to DannyT
Had this happen to my Megane.

Little bit of genious on my part and its 'fixed' bit of a DIY jobby but all it costs is a tiny bit of metal. Heck, I reckon you could do it with a paperclip!

Take of the panel in the boot (gonna have to go through the back seats I'm afraid.) You should see the mechanism. Take note of how it works. Its very tricky and a bit frustrating. Take the boot lock button and work out how it fits together in your hand and how its meant to go in the car. It should be something like you push the button in (from the outside, a second person is usually a good idea) and then fit the black thing on it. Needs to go on then twisted if I remember correctly. Then you need to fit the boot lock mechanism to the metal lock stick. The bit that moves up and down when you lock and unlock.

This should work ones its all fitted together its a bit fiddly though. But what we did was drill a hole in the end of the button (the inside the car bit) and put a tiny strip of metal through it and bent it (after it was put into place) this means it can no longer fall back out even if it wants to.

It happened to me twice thats why we put it in like that. I thought a garage would charge through the roof.

Check a Haynes manual for the finer details on teh boot mechanism.

I really hope this helps in some way and hope you get it sorted.
Currently in DannyT's garage:
Megane 1.4
The Following User Says Thank You to DannyT For This Useful Post:
pipnanne (25th November 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome