Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Cabin Air Inlet

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 5th July 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna II Cabin Air Inlet

I could have taken those same photos, ssashton! I also had a few drips landing on the front passenger footwell mat which I traced to the pollen filter housing (relieved to find it wasn't the heater matrix!), looked under the bonnet and felt sure there must be a deflector or shield of some kind missing from the whopping great hole for the inlet.

Maybe there should be such a thing, maybe there shouldn't, but I made a fairly rough shield up and fitted it over the hole, using some metal mesh that was lying around and some flat plastic slightly arched over it and held with cable ties. It hasn't really been wet enough since I did it to be sure if it will keep rainwater at bay but it will certainly keep out all the leaves and crud that I also had around the filter. There are enough gaps in my scruffy cover between the plastic and the mesh that there's still plenty of airflow getting taken in.

Regarding sunroof drain tubes as a possible factor, there's no sunroof on my car so that wasn't a cause here (but that's not to say it doesn't happen on cars that do have a sunroof).
Currently in Rex4's garage:
2005/05 Laguna II (facelift) 1.9dCi 120; 2002/52 Scenic RX4 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome