Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Heating and Cooling - Climate Control wont maintain heat unless full on

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Espace - Heating and Cooling - Climate Control wont maintain heat unless full on

Have done 22,000 miles in the car since May of this year and all seems Ok apart from the climate control wont maintain the set temp unless you want ti have it on at 26 all the time.

If you manually dial the temp and set the fan speed seems OK, but if you ask it to keep a desired temp of 22 for example it does not seem able to do this and an electronic gauge I use at work to check the AC in the office suggests it is 18/19 on average.

At Dover based garage for 18k service they said it maintained 20 when asked etc, but I said that it is when driving along that the problems are noticed. (as a landrover driver I know what its like to have a small hole in the front bulkkead that lets air in) not that this is the case, but...

anyway they said I couldbook it in again, and I said sorry you have hadyour chance you will have to wait until next 18k service unless you can come to my house and swap, and provide me with a larger loan car than normal for my daily communte...

anyone else have this problem with their Espace ?
  5 Lastest Threads by NicWood
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II engine and gearbox numbers Transmissions Asterix 5 9790 22nd March 2009 01:29 PM
Grand Scenic II new tailgate Electronics NicWood 1 1137 17th March 2009 11:30 AM
Scenic II engine replacement Engines madnoel10 6 1979 30th November 2008 04:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome