Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic '05 1.9 Dci - battery drain and key problem

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
battery drain and key problem

I had a similair problem with my Renault Laguna, see 'Dead Laguna11 - battery perfect'. After many trials and tribulations the fault was tracked down to a problem with a sensor and the central locking system. I first noticed the problem, when at night, with the car locked, the interior lights would come on and the go off again. My dealer could not fault the car, but it meant that if the car stood for a couple of days the battery would drain to empty. It took three years of constant problem and visits to the dealer before the problem was sorted. By which time I had realised that the car was locking and unlocking itself throughout the day and night.

I was lucky because my dealer was fair minded and despite being out of warranty, they recognised the problem as persisting since new and Renault stumped up the cost.

Get your dealer to strip down the drivers door and really check that central locking.

Good luck

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome