Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault Scenic - Turning Off Alarm Internal Pressure Sensors

60K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Stanascott 
#1 ·
I just wondered if there was any way to temporarily turn off the alarm in the Scenic II, we sometimes have to leave the dogs in there to nip into shops and can't lock the car because of it

#2 ·
Hi Tobykim, check the paper alarm booklet that came with the car, it details a way to disarm the internal sensors, using the keycard and the card reader using a sequence of inserting and withdrawing the key.

Downside you need to do it every time, so if you leave the dogs on a regular basis it might put extra wear on the card reader.

Hope it helps :)

#11 ·
Hi all this is my first post so sorry if wrong. My friend also has a scenic with an alarm problem (Going off every 10 mins), he is currently having to do the reset thing every time he gets out so we had a look around the car last night and found the siren in the passenger side rear wing accessible from the internal wall panel, We 1st unplugged the 2 white wires coming from the siren but found this only works the roof sensors in the rear of the car, after stripping the rear end down we found a plug in the same passenger side rear internal wall panel at bottom of the panel, You do not need to take any rear lights off you only need to drop the back passenger seat down and (PULL) the plastic wall panel off then take out the screw at the top releasing the side wall panel. The plug is at the bottom behind this wall panel at floor level. We unplugged this and the Alarm no longer works and no flashing indicators, nothing. We then checked all lights, doors, locks and doors and everything works great. Hope this helps everyone else. Wayne

#15 ·
Different vehicle to yours but on the Trafic i lock the van & keep finger on the lock button till i hear a beep & that disengages the motion sensors in the cabin.
See if it's the same on yours !

That way you can keep your dogs safe & the alarm will still go off if the doors open.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.