Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grande Scenic - Stage 3 car seats don't fit

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have just been refered to your thread by someone else as I am having problems with our new 07 plate scenic.

We have had it for 3 weeks now, when we went to look at the car we stated that we needed a family car that would take our 4 very young children (they are all under 6 years of age).
We were assured that this was a fantastic family car that would suit our needs.

Since using the car I noticed that our kids booster seats (graco juniors) didnt fit properly in the 3rd row (the fold up seats).
I have been searching to no avail for a car seat that will fit in the 3rd row of seats, I finally came accross the reanult website to find that they do not recomend the use of any car seat in the 3rd row of seats at the back of the car.
I then contacted renault uk and was told that the use of car seats for the back seats is not recomended.

So here we are stuck with a car that now has safety implications for our 4 and 6 year old when sat in the back, at NO POINT were we told by renault when looking at the car and going through the purchase details that the use of child car seats in the back 3rd row of seats was prohibited.

I am angry, this car is advertised as a family car, a 7 seater family car, when I asked renault who the back seats were actually designed for they said an adult or teenager not requiring a car seat, I would like to see if you could get 2 adults in those back seats as I struggle with my two young kids!
Would be interested to hear from anyone else that has this problem, thanks
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome