Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Replacement climate control panel

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna II - Replacement climate control panel

I have managed to get hold of a new climate control panel for my 02 Laguna II. The problem is that they have actually changed the part since the original.

My original part has two green 16-pin connectors on the left (as seen from the front), whereas the new part has only one green connector.

My top connector only has one wire going into it, and the part came with instructions on how to rewire that wire into pin 6 of the bottom connector to make it compatible with the new part.

The problem is that the diagram shows pins 5 and 6 on the bottom connector as originally unconnected, whereas mine do have wires going into them.

I asked my Renault dealership what to do, and they said to connect the wire from the top connector into pin 6 as instructed, but this would leave my climate control on permanent de-mist mode, which is unacceptable.

Does anyone know if there is a better way?

And no, I didn't pay for the part. I would resolder the old one before that!
Currently in dsandford's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.8 Privilege
  5 Lastest Threads by dsandford
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna II - Replacement climate control... Electronics dsandford 6 1483 24th April 2007 07:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome