Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - does the car influence your drivings style !

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th December 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face does the car influence your drivings style !

Not sure if anyone else has found this to be the case but...

My previous car was a Volvo XC70 petrol which went like the proverbial wind !

As a high mileage driver I often found my self on the wrong side of 70mph on the motorways, and even played games to pass the time away (like seeing how fast the car could accelerate (and boy for a big car could it go). Now Im not ashamed to admit this, however Im not proud of it either.

So when I bought the Espace (which I add for 99% of the time carries only me) things calmed down a bit.

I find the interior most relaxing and easy to drive, and this has affected my driving style which is much more laid back ! Apart from the stop & go pedals and the steering this car is auto everything, and as the Espace only has the one large display (no radio on view)and is like driving around in a light and airy room...

Has anyone else found that the car 'influences' their style of driving?

er or is it just me getting to be an old git .....? (Where did i put my pipe and slippers)

BTW after 22K miles (since May of this year) I have not had any real problems and am really surprised that this model came out so low in the 'Jeremy Clarkson Show' AKA Top Gear (must be becuase he drives all his cars with his w*illy and not his hands).
  5 Lastest Threads by NicWood
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II engine and gearbox numbers Transmissions Asterix 5 9793 22nd March 2009 01:29 PM
Grand Scenic II new tailgate Electronics NicWood 1 1139 17th March 2009 11:30 AM
Scenic II engine replacement Engines madnoel10 6 1981 30th November 2008 04:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome