Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Mk11 Brake pipes/hose

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 9th July 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna Mk11 Brake pipes/hose

Thanks for replies.

It did not leak before, I have possibly cross threaded and caused the problem or these was a washer and it has fallen off.

The issue is the offside rear disk brake. The parts are fitted in the right place. It is just the pipe is not making a good seal with the caliper and in the process of me trying to tighten the nut has become rounded very badly and then chewed up further by use of mole grips.

Essentially there is metal pipe from just in front of the near side wheel which runs across the car towards the offside wheel. this metal pipe then is attached to a a short rubber hose as it passes over the wheel and goes back to metal as it enters the caliper.

The metal pipe and rubber hose do not look like they come apart, crimped rather than threaded connections. If the metal did separate from the pipe then the job would be relative easy as I would just have to replace 6" of metal pipe.

The only damage is a leaking nut. I don't want to replace the whole pipe because of one nut.

Any suggestions on how to address the issue of one leaking nut.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome