Join Date: Oct 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
From searching the forum, it seems I'm not alone in experiencing the following issue :-
When I insert the keycard (LagII, 2003), the immobiliser light flashes rapidly, but the steering lock does not disengage and the dash lights, eg. diesel warming indicator etc. do not illuminate and, more importantly, the car won't start.
This problem started about 5 days back, when I could withdraw and then re-insert the card and all would be OK. In the past couple of days, I have had to re-insert the card maybe between 6 and 20 times, but today between 30-50 times before the car will start, so whatever is wrong seems to be getting worse.
I am afraid that it will get to the stage when it's not going to work at all and I'll need to get the car towed to the so-called "stealership" which will cost another £60 on top of the price of programming a new card.
(I have only one card and can still use the card to lock/unlock the doors.)
After reading extensively on this board about this problem, I'm now confused as to the cause and the solution.
The cause could be one of the following :-
- the battery in the keycard needs replacing
- the keycard reader is dirty
- the keycard reader is faulty
- the engine battery needs to be charged
- a fuse is dirty/faulty
and possible solutions are :-
- replace the battery in the keycard
- hoover out the keycard reader
- replace the keycard reader with a new one
- charge the engine battery
- remove one of the fuses, clean and re-insert
- take the car to a "stealership" who will rob me of up to £200, but ultimately fix the problem.
Which of the above causes and solutions are correct, please?
I have hoovered out the keycard reader and removed and replaced the fuse, but no success.
Currently in DustyBin's garage:
2004 Renault Laguna 1.9D Hatchback
Last edited by DustyBin; 26th December 2008 at 02:50 PM.