Join Date: Nov 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of small problems (sunroof, heater fan speeds, locks, starting)
Here it goes. Since we bought the Scenic (1.4, 5 dr, manual, 2003) second hand, the AC never really worked well; quite pitiful really.
Then over say 2 years:
1. Occasionally, the electric windows only open 2 inches every time you press the window button. Then it seems to work again
2. AC now only works on Level 3 fan
3. Level 4 fan no longer works at all (AC on or off)
4. On occassion it might take several lengthy (~5 secs) attempts to start the car - for the 5 seconds it makes the normal turning/starting sound. I then give up and try again. It eventually kicks in
5. Now the sunroof will not work
6. My wife now tells me that the door locking does not always work ,when the lock button is pressed on the electronic key.
I guess this all points to some common electrical problem?
I would like to have a better idea before I have to pay Renualt £75 for a check-up.