Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - "SOLVED" Panoramic Sunroof "Whistle" Issue for MK II Meganes, Scenics etc...

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 9th July 2014 Thread Starter
Ace Geeza
Nominated 2 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Re: "SOLVED" Panoramic Sunroof "Whistle" Issue for MK II Meganes, Scenics etc...

Sorry about the poor grammar, I was in a bit of a rush to write this but have taken my Scenic for a longer spin earlier and has definitely worked at treat! I WILL do pictures so and tidy up the post a bit but it's a simple fix! I can't understand why renault used plastic slides to run down the sunroof track! But all I know is when these black plastic guides weather, they go stiff, as they go stiff, they become ceased, and with that not able to twist and manoeuvre that kink where the sunroof drops flush into the seal, hence the force of it widening the track, if you play with it you will see just how thin and flexible the alloy or metal is on the rail, but just squeezing the track at the point will sort the problem! I would strongly recommend in changing these black tabs with new ones as you do it even if they seem okay as this seems to be the only logical explanation of why the rail widened! And on mine the whistling was on the passenger side only, and when I changed my black slide thingys, (I did both sides) the passenger side was significantly more worn!!
It seems to add up once you put 2 and 2 together! I'd honestly put all my trust and believes in saying this is what is causing and how to solve this fault after investigating it on my own! I've heard and read of people having renault "trying" to rectify it and only coming back a year down the line and charging a small fortune! I reckon they know this is the issue and cast it aside! I just hope you all get the same results as me!!
Currently in ScenicCol's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.6 VVT Maxim (55' Plate)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome