Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - "SOLVED" Panoramic Sunroof "Whistle" Issue for MK II Meganes, Scenics etc...

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 9th July 2014 Thread Starter
Ace Geeza
Nominated 2 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Re: "SOLVED" Panoramic Sunroof "Whistle" Issue for MK II Meganes, Scenics etc...

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
Excellent write-up and just goes to show that sometimes simply replacing parts isn't enough, you have to watch and observe how parts relate to one another. Great lesson and a great end result
Thanks fella
It was one of them head scratching "surely this can't be a complicated to solve" sort of things, and when I was moving the tab up and down the rail, it was only then I realised the play in that little kink!! Then it dawn on me how it was that side that whistled and how it was significantly worn when I replaced it! It's always good to reference your own fixes as you may not realise how it can play a mahoooosive part in solving a issue further on down the line, but it seems plausible why this happens and I have yet to see another post regarding this fault that gives a relevant reason to why the sunroof does this! But after what I descovered it seems way to coincidental!!
Just done a video of what to do, will post the link when uploaded
Currently in ScenicCol's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.6 VVT Maxim (55' Plate)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome