Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - REnault Clio II - Wheels and Tyres - Graoning noise when turning right

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
clio bearings

just an update

when i got the car back from the renault garage ( after replacing the bearing ) there was a slight squeek and tight spot when turning the wheel this got worse so i took it back and they said it must be the bearing i supplied not there workmanship. i inspected the wheel hub and found what they call run out on the disk For those non mechanics this meant the disk wasnt running true. i changed over the disks to make sure they were not warped and the problem was still there. Myself and a friend took the hub off which wasnt that hard replaced the ball joint which renault had damage when removing and took it to a proper garage.
they gave me 2 options grind the disk to run true or remove the bearing OUCH more problems. midland car parts provided me with another bearing at cost in case it had been faulty £21 ( it wasnt it was the way the renault mechanic had made a complete *rse of replacing it ) so the other garage used the 1 i supplied and a new centre hub.
the difference was amazing and car feels like normal again, quiet, brakes in a straight line, no noise/grinding

i would highly recommend you find a garage with a properly trained mechanic who prides himself in his work, but this may not be the cheapest option. The renault garage still insists they had done a good job which i completely disagree with and will never take it there again.

last chapter i Hope....
Currently in Rojoo0's garage:
2001 clio 1.4

Last edited by Rojoo0; 25th April 2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: grammer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome