Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - another laguna keycard roblem

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 25th April 2007
paul hanson
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
steering lock replacement

I was interested to read the threads about the steering lock replacement because last Friday evening upon returning from a business trip to Germany I went to my car in the long term car park at Stansted, opened the door and boot, loaded my lugggage and got in the drivers seat only to find that all the electrics were working but the starter button did not want to do anything! Anyway after a long night and unsuccessful attempts by the recovery agents (who suggested that the key card was probably wiped clean in the airport X-Ray machine) I hired a car to go 120 miles home and get my spare key card with which I returned the next morning only to have exactly the same response from my Laguna V6. Having now had it recovered to my local Renault dealer they inform me that they want 119 for a new battery (which I know was not the problem ) and a further 480 to fit a new electronic steering lock mechanism which they say was the problem?? Has anyone had any similar experiences or suggestions?
Currently in paul hanson's garage:
renault laguna 3.0 V6 initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome