Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane 2 rear hub nut torque

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10th July 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: megane 2 rear hub nut torque

the plot thickens ! ok i rang renault back and talked with the mechanic and he has never torqued them more than 220 nm and he said he has done dozens of them. so,armed with that info, i removed the the rear dustcaps and counted the number of threads visible on the stub axle and there were 4 each side. i then removed the old hubnuts and then put them back on and re-torqued them to 280nm and the discs wouldn't move. done the same thing only torqued them to 220 nm and they were perfect and still only 4 threads visible. so i can only surmise that renault are talking out of their back passage in regards to the 280nm spec and the mechanic was right. i put the new pads and discs on,they came supplied with new bearings,abs rings,dustcaps and hubnuts.torqued it up to 220nm and everything was good. the new discs and pads were apec and the quality of them is exellent. so draw your own conclusions from this.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome