Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 51 Laguna IDE Computer Problem??

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Originally Posted by chris m View Post
welcome to the forums, let us know the outcome
Sorry for the delay, but the saga has only just been resolved (until my next glitch!). They took 4 days to look and gave it back without really solving the problem. Two journeys (and 30 minutes!) of returning from the garage, same sort of problems occured. Anyway, we were away for 10 days around Easter, had to take our smaller car as we couldn't trust the Laguna. After a second 5 day spell at the garage, they diagnosed and fixed the intercooler (blowing through a hole) and replaced the glowplugs and the Top Dead Centre sensor -now 729 out of pocket for that lot! And to add insult to injury they scratched my newly resprayed bumper whilst "curtesy" washing the car and left a nice oil stain on my drivers car mat... They have offered to rectify this, more later...
And the black smoke / LHM / fuel injection fault came back on day 2, but has since disappeared. For now.

Currently in pr_giles's garage:
I used to drive a 52 Laguna II Privilege saloon 2.2dci until I px'd it for a new car and an S-plate Peugeot 306Dturbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome