Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed*

View Single Post
post #111 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed

I have just bought a 1.4 Y reg Scenic that has developed a misfire. I bought it from a dealer last week and it was fine until I used the washers the other day. I looked online and found the article about rotting washer pipes, sure enough when I looked yesterday the main pipe was perished and the top of the engine was wet. I bought some new pipe and while fitting it last night snapped the end off a washer jet! I bought a couple of new jets and fitted them this morning and got it all piped up. I still have the misfire though so ordered four coils from the bay. I don't have a dash warning on but the misfire is getting worse. I'm sure the coils will sort it.
Currently in demag's garage:
04 Modus Dynamique dci80. 2001 Megane Scenic Authentique 1.4 Lovely car but petrol so now gone. Citroen BX TGS Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome