Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Total Newbie - Needs help with Laguna MK2 Rear Door Handle

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Total Newbie - Needs help with Laguna MK2 Rear Door Handle

Hi everyone, Having just bought my first ever Renault, a 2003 Laguna Mk2 Dynamique Estate 1.9TD, as a family run around. My first impressions are good.

However, The drivers side rear door lock failed in the closed position After a couple of hours faffing around I managed to get the door card off and the door open. I have removed the door lock but cannot work out how to remove the door handle.

I found the torx screw behind the grommet on the door skin in the wheel arch section. I have backed this screw out (it doesn't seem to want to unscrew completely). But the door handle is still solid with no signs of movement.

Can any one point me in the right direction to remove the handle (e.g. Push it/pull it forwards/backwards etc) so I can remove the handle to reconnect the cable on the new lock mechanism to the handle. Thank you all in advance.
Currently in GAVIT's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by GAVIT
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 1.9Dci Bizarre engine oil problem Engines hondo 10 1133 10th March 2015 10:59 AM
Size of E-socket needed to for Anti-Roll Bar? Steering and Suspension GAVIT 4 730 14th January 2015 12:38 PM
Caravan symbol? Towing & Touring Club hondo 6 2179 14th September 2014 01:37 PM
Total Newbie - Quick question about radio Interiors Nottnoc 8 1177 19th July 2014 09:33 PM
Total Newbie - Needs help with Laguna MK2 Rear... Bodywork GAVIT 1 795 14th July 2014 07:20 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome