Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with small problem.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with small problem.

Ok so here is the short story of my dilemma.

I have a 06 mk3 Clio I bought 15 months ago. 3 months into ownership it developed a fault (mostly rough idle and misfire). It has currently been to 8 different garages including a Renault dealership and noone has seemed to pinpoint the problem. I have also tried a few checks and solutions myself and to no avail. It has now gotten to the point where a new warning light has shown (Electronic Fault) and I am starting to suffer from stress/depression at not being able to fine the cure.

Now my actual question is would I be ok to part exchange this car to a dealer knowing it has a fault that springs up every so often? Am I likely to lose a lot of money by admitting it has a fault? I would never stitch up a private buyer but I am unsure about saying anything to a dealer. Also would people suggest it is better to keep throwing money at thia car or to spend a substantial amount more on an almost new car for peace of mind? I mean truth being told I think even if this problem gets fixed I will be forever anxious about driving this car.

I know this is more a rant I am just at the end of my tether at the moment and imagine some of you car enthusiasts will have been in my position.
Currently in Nemoh88's garage:
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 Dynamique S
  5 Lastest Threads by Nemoh88
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with... Cars & motoring Nottnoc 20 2373 14th July 2014 09:47 PM
Electronic fault. Help. Electronics Critch 7 792 8th July 2014 12:16 PM
Odd Question: Clio Dash Computer Interiors Nemoh88 4 821 25th May 2014 07:26 PM
Coils for MK3 Clio Engines Nemoh88 7 1740 25th May 2014 10:20 AM
Another problem. Yay. Screeching noise. Brakes/Hubs Dancingdad 9 1228 27th February 2014 12:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome