Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with small problem.

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 15th July 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with small problem.

It isn't ailing the car but I am pretty sure an engine misfiring every couple of weeks isn't at all healthy for it. Plus the new Electronic Fault light tells me something really is up with it. And the stress it is putting on me every single time I step into the bloody thing is also a major factor. It has had nothing but problems since I got the thing. Every French car I have had has had so many issues in such a short space of time but I always put it down to coincidence however I can now safely say I will never be buying one again.

Back to the morals, I personally believe that if I got the constant EF light to go then a dealer will probably take the hit of a buying a misfiring car if they are going to still make 8k+.

I'd feel a lot worse selling to auction etc as that is going direct to a member of the public. If I sell to a dealer and mention briefly that it has an occasional misfire but has been to 8 different garages and given the green light every time then I am neither lying or deceiving.

My main worry is where my car is currently valued at 1,500 I may well get offered a lot less for it and having bought it not long ago for 3,500 and spent 800 on pointless repairs I'm just so confused and just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol
Currently in Nemoh88's garage:
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 Dynamique S
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome