Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Strange TMC behaviour on new DVD sat-nav

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by abou27 View Post
Has anyone else experienced both these systems?
Yes and no. I've had both, but never got around to getting the TMC upgrade disc for the old one, so I never saw TMC work.

For what it's worth, I get this too. There's TMC icons on the map, and the system will even warn me about them and give the option of re-routing, but when I actually go to look for TMC info on my route, I often still get the "No information of this kind available" message.

The system seems to have a lot of anomalies. Things like the 'quick stop' function working in two entirely different ways, depending on whether you used the voice activation or went in through the menus.

If I'd designed this system, then I'd have done a lot of things differently, especially on the audio side. Having said that, it wipes the floor with what most other manufacturers are offering in this class of car.

Out of interest (while we're here) try setting a route to the town centre of Poole and see what happens. I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and it kept throwing up an error message saying it couldn't find a route. I had to move the cursor to another road outside of the town centre to get it to work. I can accept that maybe the actual town centre is pedestrianised, but surely in that case, they should have set it to the nearest driveable road.

Also, on a few occasions, I've set up the sat-nav and been following it for a while, only to find that the system has mysteriously 'lost' my route and I have to program it again.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by Horatio; 27th April 2007 at 05:26 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome