Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The tdc sensor .... or coils?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Result! Main Dealer immediately found one dead coil ... quoted 106 to fit one new ... one plus another 166 to replace all. Friendly enough until I stood my ground reiterating the fact that these were supposed to have been "better" coils to replace the initial bad batch so why the early failure. Initially advised the car well out of guarantee period so no help forthcoming and to change all coils because if one goes the others are likely to follow .. then suggested latest failure was "one of those things" as they are electronic and do fail, also advised that there is no adverse effect in changing just one. Logic seemed to have disappeared at this stage, the conversation was getting heated, and I asked them to contact RCS . RCS approved replacement of the failed coil ... I don't know how the conversation went but I was told "that I am very lucky and that that doesn't usually happen; if any more fail they will each have to be dealt with as and when", so do I expect further failures or not? I suspect I do.
Well done RCS , my sincere thanks to all those who have contributed to the " coil saga" in the past ... but why does
one have to cause a fuss to get satisfaction over a known problem ... what has happened to good customer relations?
Currently in LM's garage:
2001 megane 1.4 expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome