Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with small problem.

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 15th July 2014
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,303 Posts
Re: To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with small problem.

Originally Posted by Nemoh88 View Post
And did he give you what you expected? And would this work for nearly new as well? Eg cars with 5,000 miles etc. It's just I know I can't realllly afford a newish car but at the same time I can get a flexible 0% loan and I fear that whether this car could get fixed or not I'd still worry whenever I drove. It's like breaking up with a girl. You may get back together but it doesn't mean you'll feel how you did before the break up and one day at your in laws you just snap and throw her amazing lasagne at the wall and storm out and you wish you had just replaced her when you first had the chance....

Ok it's nothing like that I just had to try to cheer myself up before I cry...

Well he gave me 500 (told me it was really worth 200) for it (2002 Ford Mondeo 2.0 litre with 140K on the clock - rust, engine issues and lots of dings / scapes). I would have hoped for a little more (who wouldnt eh), but it was off my hands and with no come back.

OK so the situation was a little different this time as I bought the Astra brand new, but all the cars that I've traded in before when buying a new second hand car from an independant dealer have had issues.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
The Following User Says Thank You to dave_mezza2006 For This Useful Post:
Nemoh88 (15th July 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome