Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Card is working, but hands free not?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 27th April 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Have you tried changing the battery? They really don't seem to last too long in the handsfree cards. I ordered some spares from Maplin shortly after getting the car, and ended up ordering 10 by mistake. I think I've used over half of them

Though I find that the handsfree can be flakey, even with a new battery. My car's favourite trick is to decide that it wants the card in the slot, even though you're in the driver's seat and the card is on your person as required. Of course, as you weren't planning on needing it, it's right at the bottom of one of your pockets, with house keys, wallet and mobile phone all crammed in afterwards

Possibly a silly thought, but are you locking the car with the card or walking away and allowing it to lock itself? If you lock it with the card (which is the only way of deadlocking it) the handsfree system is disabled until the next time that you start the car,. You must lock and unlock it with the buttons on the card until the next time that you drive the car (or at least turn the ignition on and off.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome