Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Phase 2 Information.

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 28th April 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Greenmanalishi View Post
I'm sure it's a bit of a waste to have a Sport Auto. But it's my second car and the boss who drives it most said she prefers an automatic!

Generally I'm pleased with it, although the auto went wrong on us soon after purchase (fixed under warranty), and the red warning light flickers sometimes due not to any oil or brake problem but due to a short-circuit somewhere in the harness. I just live with it now.

I know what you mean. My last car was a rover coupe auto (well CVT) I wanted an auto for the daily traffic jams on the way to work but for fun I have the other car. The boot on the rover was big but the opening was very small. When my baby arrived I couldn't get the push chair in the boot (even though it worked on paper) and he was getting too heavy to keep leaning through to put in the back I had to change. Was looking for a Diesel rover 200 SDi but there were no good ones around for the right price then stumbled across the megane. I've been impressed with it, huge rear doors to get baby in and out of and always get at least 40mpg out of her. The sport badge has nothing to do with performance though, just a spoiler and alloys. I do miss the auto box for the journey to work though!
Currently in rjbean's garage:
1.6 megane sport alize & lotus elan SE
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome